The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recently put this year’s roster of full-size crew-cab pickups through its 2011 “Top Safety Pick” testing, and just one Detroit truck earned that much-coveted recognition: The Ford F-150 SuperCrew. Check out an all new Ford F-150 at Sound Ford.
It’s a significant accomplishment, as the IIHS recently implemented new, more rigorous testing procedures for the 2011 model year, including one that evaluates roof strength as a measure of rollover crash protection. To be named a “Top Safety Pick,” the F-150 SuperCrew scored the best possible rating in this test, as well as tests of front-, rear- and side-impact crash protection, and offers electronic stability control, too. The latter is standard on the popular F-150—it’s still the best-selling vehicle of any kind in America—as are a wide range of other safety features. Among them:
- A full complement of airbags, including dual-stage driver and front-passenger airbags, Ford’s Safety Canopy side-curtain airbags, and front seat-mounted side airbags
- An integrated shoulder safety belt for the front middle seat and a head restraint for the second-row middle seat
- An advanced safety structure that leverages high-strength steel
- The AdanceTrac with RSC (roll stability control) system
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- The automaker’s SOS Post Crash Alert System, which automatically unlocks the truck’s doors, turns on its emergency flashers and activates its horn in the event of an airbag deployment
- The MyKey suite of safe-driving technologies, designed to help parents encourage safer driving in teens
- Trailer sway control, for safer towing
About Sound Ford of Renton
Ford Dealers Seattle
Used cars Seattle dealers
Serving Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, WA area Ford dealers
Sound Ford Seattle Ford dealers Renton – Your Seattle Ford dealer serving Western Washington WA – Mustang – F-150 – F-250 – Escape
Research Ford dealers and model options in Renton, Washington and Seattle, Washington: Econoline Cargo • Econoline Wagon • Edge • Escape •Escape Hybrid • Expedition • Explorer Sport Trac • F-150 • F-250 Super Duty • F-350 Super Duty • Focus • Fusion • Mustang • Ranger • Review dealership New Inventory • Review used inventory • Serving Renton, Washington, Seattle Washington and the surrounding area.
Commercial • Fleet • Low Cab • Chassis • Business • Business Preferred Network
Ford Repair Renton
Sound Ford is second to none when it comes to service! Our state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and highly trained service technicians are dedicated to getting you back on the road fast. From the Edge to the Mustang to the Escape, we have the top trained professionals who can get the job done right, the first time! Sound Ford has been servicing the Seattle areafor all your Ford Maintenance needs. Our factory-trained and certified technicians can service your vehicle from bumper to bumper. We truly are your one-stop-shop service facility. We look forward to doing business with you for all your Maintenance needs for your Ford vehicles.
Stop by and see the entire Ford fleet at Sound Ford of Renton