- The popular Ford Edge crossover with EcoBoost® power is EPA-rated at an economical 30 mpg highway and 21 mpg city
- Ford Edge with EcoBoost is now the 13th Ford model/powertrain combination to deliver an EPA fuel economy rating of 30 mpg or more
- EcoBoost, combining smaller engines and turbocharging, is a global Ford engine technology that gives customers the power they want and the fuel efficiency they need
- EcoBoost vehicles have been successful at attracting new customers to the Blue Oval brand, leading the Ford product portfolio in conquest sales
Dearborn, Mich., Aug. 2, 2011 – The Ford Edge crossover, the latest vehicle to receive the company’s EcoBoost® 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, is now certified by the EPA to deliver 30 mpg highway. This complements the best-in-class Edge V6 fuel economy to give utility customers expanded fuel efficient choices.
“Fuel efficiency is important to our customers,” said Amy Marentic, group marketing manager, Large Cars and Crossovers. “Adding the EcoBoost engine to the new Ford Edge crossover makes for 13 vehicles delivering 30 mpg or more in the Ford
The Ford Edge delivers 30 mpg on the highway, besting all SUVs its size or larger, in addition to cars such as the Honda Civic Si and the Saab 9-3 automatic. The only competitive utilities offering higher highway fuel economy than Edge with EcoBoost are a few smaller-size vehicles such as the Ford Escape Hybrid
Combining gasoline direct injection and turbocharging with smaller overall displacement, this advanced new EcoBoost engine delivers the power of a normally aspirated V6, yet delivers four-cylinder fuel efficiency.
EcoBoost has been successful at attracting new, more upscale customers to the Ford showroom. Taurus SHO and Flex with EcoBoost lead the Ford lineup for car and utility conquesting. More than half of all Taurus SHO buyers are new to the Ford brand, and more than 62 percent of Flex with EcoBoost buyers had not previously considered a Ford product.
With popular F-150 pickup trucks now offering an EcoBoost option, sales of Ford vehicles with this advanced technology have crested 70,000 units and the F-150 EcoBoost now accounts for 41 percent of total F-150 sales, making it the top-selling full-sized V6 pickup truck on the market.
EcoBoost is a global Ford engine to provide affordable fuel efficiency for millions of drivers, while delivering the power they desire. By the end of 2011, Ford will have built nearly 180,000 EcoBoost-powered vehicles in North America. EcoBoost will be offered in 90 percent of Ford vehicles by 2013. Ford holds more than 125 patents on its EcoBoost engine technology.
13 at 30 or more
Adding a fuel-efficient
EcoBoost engine to the popular Edge crossover means the Ford showroom now offers customers a choice among 13 model/powertrain variations that deliver an EPA fuel economy rating of 30 mpg or more.
These Ford offerings are listed here with their respective city/highway EPA-rated fuel economy estimates:
- Edge with EcoBoost: 21 mpg/30 mpg
- Escape Hybrid FWD: 34 mpg/31 mpg
- Escape Hybrid AWD: 30 mpg/27 mpg
- Fiesta five-speed manual: 29 mpg/37 mpg
- Fiesta automatic: 29 mpg/38 mpg
- Fiesta SFE automatic: 29 mpg/40 mpg
- Focus five-speed manual: 26 mpg/36 mpg
- Focus automatic: 28 mpg/38 mpg
- Focus SFE automatic: 28 mpg/40 mpg
- Fusion 2.5-liter automatic: 23 mpg/33 mpg
- Fusion Hybrid: 41 mpg/36 mpg
- Mustang 3.7-liter Coupe automatic: 19 mpg/31 mpg
- Mustang 3.7-liter Convertible automatic: 19 mpg/30 mpg
Edge fuel-saving technologies
Building on Edge V6 best-in-class highway fuel economy, the EcoBoost powertrain makes Edge an even more economical
This advanced EcoBoost four-cylinder engine provides the optimum balance between fuel efficiency and responsive power, delivering 240 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and a generous 270 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,000 rpm. Edge with EcoBoost delivers comparable fuel economy to Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain, yet offers utility shoppers a responsive choice as Edge provides a 58 horsepower advantage over these compact General Motors offerings.
The Edge with EcoBoost combination of superior fuel efficiency and ample responsiveness is enabled by direct gasoline injection and twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT).
Efficiency is further enhanced through employment of low-friction 5W-GF5 motor oil, a variable-displacement air conditioning compressor and a unique 6F35 six-speed automatic transmission optimized for fuel efficiency through employment of active transmission warm-up to help reduce internal friction as the powertrain approaches normal operating temperature.
Edge with EcoBoost
also introduces category-exclusive active grille shutters. These variable grille slats close as vehicle speed increases to improve aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
The 2012 Edge with EcoBoost is produced at the Oakville Assembly Complex in Ontario, Canada.
Sound Ford Seattle Ford dealers Renton
- Your Seattle Ford dealer serving Tacoma, Puyallup, Western Washignton WA
- Mustang – F-150 – F-250 – Escape
Ford Repair Renton
Sound Ford is second to none when it comes to service! Our state-of-the-art facilities, equipment and highly trained service technicians are dedicated to getting you back on the road fast. From the Edge to the Mustang to the Escape, we have the top trained professionals who can get the job done right, the first time! Sound Ford has been servicing the Seattle area for all your Ford Maintenance needs. Our factory-trained and certified technicians can service your vehicle from bumper to bumper. We truly are your one-stop-shop service facility. We look forward to doing business with you for all your Maintenance needs for your Ford vehicles.